View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #27
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
I bought a paperwhite yesterday, and i'm very surprised by the degree of improvement over the touch. They've been available in Canada for a few months, but I held off, as it seemed wise to wait until the next version comes out. However, after seeing a friend's PW at work, I decided to jump now.

The difference in readability is remarkable. I have amazon's lighted cover for the touch, and kept the light on most of the time, even in bright rooms. The PW's coverage of the whole screen, and the glowing white page are a big step up. I loved the Touch, and had no complaints, but I'm really pleased with the switch.

Just a quick comment on the page turning buttons / swipe / tap issue. A light tap is all that is needed. Mistakes used to creep in, in earlier versions of the touch screen, where you might jump ahead many pages by mistake. Since that caused problems for people, i think that feature was removed. In any case, it hasn't to me for almost a year, and I don't even notice having to tap - the gesture is as automatic as the turn button used to be on the KK.......I think your wife would be thrilled with the upgrade.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote