View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #18
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Were you aware that you can turn by tapping? I also find the swipe to be awkward, but the tap is very similar to a button.
I did tap to turn pages for a long time because it was simpler, but I also found it to be less reliable. It would jump a few pages when I tapped maybe 1 time out of 10, and I'd have to find my place. Not a big deal but it was a minor irritation.

I found by swiping instead of tapping it almost never does that. So I swipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Not all books have the data, but have you tried X-Ray for that purpose? I find it to be very helpful...
I tend to read a lot of older books and not many of those have the Xray feature enabled but on the few that have, I've liked it a lot.

I noticed a thread here about a script that makes Xray files. I'm in the second half of my current book, which doesn't have Xray, and the book I'm expecting to read next does have it so I haven't looked into that yet, but I probably will.

In the meantime, the easy searching by touching is almost as good. It gives me what I want although sometimes I have to look around a bit for it.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote