View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 12:09 AM   #12
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Nicko, I think there's some confusion here. Blue_skies was referring to "Actions" in your Amazon "Manage Your Kindle" account online, not a menu choice within Kindle for PC software.

In your earlier post you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
I removed it from Amazon.com ok.
I assumed that meant that you deleted the ebook from your Amazon account by logging into your account at Amazon.com, clicking on "Manage Your Kindle," and then deleting the book by choosing "delete from library" from the book's "Actions" drop-down menu? Is that what you did? If so, have you double-checked that the ebook was actually deleted there?

I just want to make sure that you know that if you delete the book from your Amazon account that way, the book will be gone permanently; you will have to repurchase if you want to read it again.

Amazon books cannot be deleted directly from the Kindle for PC software. The only way it will be removed from that program is if it's first deleted from your Amazon account ("Manage Your Kindle") as I just described. Once the ebook is permanently removed from your Amazon account, you then sync Kindle for PC as I described in my earlier post; only then will the ebook no longer be listed in K4PC.

Most of us who use Kindle for PC just keep our books either archived at Amazon or downloaded to the computer and don't feel the need to actually permanently delete the book from our Amazon account.

Let us know if you're still unable to figure it out and we'll try to help.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 02-19-2012 at 12:26 AM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote