View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #27
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
OK ok lets get something very clear here I have an iphone! bought for £169 then unlocked by myself for free.

Value wise its fantastic THE best touch screen phone/music/video player available for that price is great.

The lack of features Harry mentions....

* No MMS messaging.
Ok fine some use it I never have and I cant say I know anyone that cant manage without it or would genuinly miss it.

* No video recording.
Its a phone! its not aimed at 16 year olds who post crappy unwatchable videos to youtube!

* No forward-facing camera for video conferencing.
NO ONE does this on a phone! ok maybe there are 10 people that do it. I have never ever seen this.

* No stereo bluetooth connection.
I have a set of sony bluetooth headphones and the technology isnt right yet as they cant get the batteries small enough o just arent as comfy as a light in ear headphone.

But importantly the feature Apple have put in there have two great selling points! they work and people actually use them.

Im quite happy to lose the above features in return for...

Visual voicemail - Genius only device you can do it on.
Its also an IPOD! - yes other phones play mp3's Sony for example... who insist I can only use their headset as it has no audio jack!
Safari web browser - full featured mobile browser that has tabs etc.
Apple usability - It really is a feature of the phone just jow damn intuitive it is to use, strangers have a go and can just use it! you cant say the same for a blackberry or a viewty.

And Finally if you dont like it or it has features you dont need... dont buy it?
But why talk about it?

Harry why bring the iphone up to talkk about? arent their other phones that dont have features like video conferencing or mms? of course their are! but the only one your talking about repeatedly is the iphone.

Why?
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote