View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #37
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Ouch! That strikes me as a completely unreasonable restriction, meaning that you're breaking the terms of the licence agreement if, say, you let your partner or children living in the same house read a book that you've bought, even if on your device.
It might be if taken literally.

But note that Fictionwise allows you to download the book to more than one physical device. You will only read on one at a time, but you might be reading the book on a PDA while a family member reads it on your desktop. Is it against the terms of the license? Probably. Will Fictionwise care (even assuming they know about it in the first place?) I very much doubt it.

They are far more concerned with passing the book along to someone who hasn't bought it, and will read it on a device it isn't licensed for. You could lend one of your licensed devices to someone else to read that book on it, equivalent to lends a paper copy, but how many folks would you lend your device to? I suspect it's a very short list.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote