View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 12:27 PM   #300
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Harry,

I would like to suggest that you reconsider and allow ereader devices (again, only in the actual affiliate thread). I doubt they would get posted often.

Also, digital downloads (or, at least links to the actual deal codes) might be allowed: for example, links to Amazon for the various free music and instant video deals are not ebook deals, but I suspect several have taken advantage of them. Again, they don't occur often.

One question: are the KSO deals "ebook deals" or only if the deal itself involves an ebook? These do occur more often (every four days).

And, I'll assume that Kindle (or nook) games/apps are allowed (at least, the ones that are ereader specific, not general android apps). I actually appreciate that Arcdata finds those and posts them in her thread (not that I buy all of them).

I do see the need to keep washing machines and things you can't do on your ereader out of the threads and forum. Otherwise, you'll end up with groupon deals being posted, etc (of course, we would also learn which thread to ignore quite quickly, I'd assume).

It's easy enough to skip someone's affiliate thread, usually, just by going to the individual store and searching (although there are times this doesn't work, it usually suffices) or by lopping the affiliate signature off the link.
I agree completely with koland that it is pretty easy to learn which affiliate thread(s) to ignore, and would prefer things to stay the same and not have yet another rule. But, I can also understand a desire on the part of the moderators not to have to take up their time with wildly unrelated affiliate threads.

So, if the rules have to be expanded again (SIGH), moderators, please please please at least allow affiliate tags for e-book deals AND these other specific types that koland mentions. I have availed myself of e-reader deals, music/mp3 deal codes, and a couple of nook games/apps from this forum in the past, and if I had a KSO would almost certainly have used those too. I have not been offended at all by giving a "tip" to the affiliate poster, and suspect a lot of other folks have used similar links too, and not been offended either. In fact, I have a $1.99 mp3 compilation sitting hopefully on my wait list right now, waiting for the next little $1 or $2 mp3 Amazon code.

And yes, I know that strictly speaking these aren't books, but folks have seemed to use them without being upset in the past - no major "you're off topic" posts in the threads. And yes, I know there are other places to find these, but it was really nice to just get them as a "bonus" here, without having to look elsewhere. Eventually, if I keep having to look elsewhere and look elsewhere and look elsewhere, there won't be much point to looking here, and that would be really sad.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote