Thread: PRS-650 reinstalling firmware
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #5
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornishlee View Post
Hi, yes, I bought a 32GB SDHC card to use with the device (one of the main reasons I bought it) which only provokes the response "This SD card may have been damages. Please try another SD card." The card works fine in my PC, but I formatted it just in case - no difference.

I also tried two other old cards I had lying around - an 8GB SDHC and a 256MB SD. The 256MB works, but the 8GB produces the same response as the 32.

Lee.

Did you try using the 'Format Memory' option to initialize the card?

SD and SDHC cards can be fussy about working in mobile devices sometimes if they are not formatted in the device in which they will be used.

Formating the SD card will erase all data, so if the card is now readable on your PC and has data on it, you can use your PC to drag the data to a hard drive folder to back it up, then drag it back onto the card after it is formatted and working with the Sony.

You can find the SD card format option under ->

Settings -> Initialization -> Format Memory -> SD Card

Last edited by delphin; 07-04-2011 at 07:38 PM.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote