View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Running Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by jduck View Post
I have had it happen a few times recently. Seems that some app woke up the Fire from sleep and it did not go back to sleep until the low battery alert. I haven't located the problem app yet but I've been more careful about killing some of the things that I notice stay running.
If one goes to Settings \ More \ Applications, a list of Running Applications is displayed. For me they are: Settings, Amazon Device Client Platform, Amazon Video, Kindle Keyboard and The Weather Channel.

I also notice that TuneIn Radio Pro runs in the background if not properly exited. If that happens, I can shut it down from the Running Applications without any consequences.

I notice, if I tap The Weather Channel, I can force it to shut down. The only consequence is that I must Sync when I want to use it again.

The only other app running had been Badass Battery Manager Pro. I uninstalled that one entirely since its data gathering process from the battery may interfere with the battery in some way since it always runs in the foreground.

The only uses for me on the Kindle Fire are to read eBooks, play chess against Chess Genius, play my MP3 music and listen to radio stations. None of those run in the background. I really don't want to get involved with battery management if possible.

Last edited by sirmaru; 03-12-2012 at 09:28 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote