View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #10
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Actually not quite true! The Markdown spec specifically says that it does not process text inside an HTML block tag - and both the <DIV> and (I think) <P> fall into this category. I went looking when trying to process the Comments stored in Calibre was failing and found this statement. If Calibre had not stored the comment in a hybrid form of Markdown syntax inside an HTML block tag I would have been OK. That was why one of the options I mentioned in my original post was the brute force one of programatically removing the Calibre enclosing tags before applying the Markdown processing.
I had a suspicion that that might be the case after I posted that... Hmm.. brute force may be the only option short of a tying a new feature into Calibre. I suspect the surrounding tags are a requirement of the rich text editor as you noted.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote