View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 06:40 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmoses View Post
Then loading ePubs created in Pages, sent to Calibre, and converted on the fly when loading onto the Kindle worked remarkably well... except for one thing: the Kindle was not recognizing the words and was splitting words at ends of lines.
Converting from epub to mobi is harder then converting from mobi to epub because mobi seem to be based off of an older base line of html then epub and thus is more limited in what it supports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmoses View Post
But, for the ePub support that might be the way I go. Thing is, I do want to buy content as well, and the Kindle Store has more of what I want than Sony does... so, there are advantages to Kindle for me as well.
I went with Sony because removing DRM on 96% of the books you can buy on Amazon and converting them to epub is relatively easy and quick.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote