Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #10366
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I'm trying to remember the city Dido came from. If it begins with T, was it Tyre?
Yes, it was Tyre. Dido was the daughter of the King of Tyre, but had to flee to Carthage, where she became queen and found love and finally killed herself.

This gives you 7 points, one more than pdurrant, and you are the rightful winner.

The two solutions that no one found was:
The Dwellers of London were, according to Carr, called fenmen, named so after the swampy region, the fenlands or the fens, from where they came. Can anyone from the UK confirm this? I thought that the fens were north of London?

The angel that bears a spear was, according to Milton, Ithuriel.

Congratulations. This riddle is not an easy one. I didn't understand a thing of it when I read Hag's Nook a couple of years ago.
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote