View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #118
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
If I walk into a store and see that the store charges more for same item in a different package, I want to know why. If they tell me that the more expensive item is more expensive to produce, that explains the difference. But if the more expensive item is actually cheaper to produce, then they must think I'm a real sucker if they expect me to pay more. I have too many other items to choose from than to have someone jerk me around like that.

Yes, I realize there are expenses in producing e-books. But they are less than with paper books, so at the very least I shouldn't be asked to pay more for an e-book than for a paper book.

There was an experiment involving two people and a certain amount of money. One person would offer the second person some of the money, and if the second person refused, neither got any of the money. The experimenters were surprised that people would turn down offers they thought were unreasonable, even if it meant they got nothing. As an artificial one-time transaction, they may have had a point, but what they missed is that this was basic human nature. Once people realize that you will take the short end of the stick, that's what they will keep offering you. But if you demand a more reasonable deal, they will know that in the future they have to offer you a reasonable deal.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote