Thread: The Dark Tower
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
~Kate
Connoisseur
~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Fire HDX 8.9, Nexus 7 2013
There are a few really good threads on "Dark Tower" on this forum. Just "Search" for them.

I've read the 7-volume Dark Tower Series twice, and it is a long winding adventure. Don't give up after the first volume - it does set the tone for the rest of the series and foreshadows what is to come; but the real character development that SK does so well is in subsequent volumes.

You are correct, the volumes are not in chronological order. The volume that should have been first is Wizard and Glass (the 4th one) because that is the one on the Gunslinger's childhood. That one was my favorite and from that point onward I was hooked. Most Dark Tower readers have their favorite volumes.
~Kate is offline   Reply With Quote