View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 02:12 AM   #46
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Gazella can I suggest that you download a free + DRM free Kobo.

Here's a link so you see their location - but sign in and do this under your ID:

http://www.kobobooks.com/free_ebooks

This will help determine if Kobo per se is the issue or something else.

I'm in Aus and don't have any issues.

Let us know how you go.
Lynx-lynx, I had no idea that there were free DRM books. I thought all the free books on Kobo are DRM-free. I just noticed yesterday that The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a free DRM book and guess what, it wouldn't download to my computer. So this means that I couldn't download free/paid DRM books from Kobo. This is weird because I can buy books from Books on Board and have them downloaded to my computer. BoB uses Adobe servers as well, right?

They wanted me to determine what is blocking the connection to their servers. They said it may be firewall but I told them that I have firewall off, or antivirus which I have none installed. They suggested that I call my ISP which I did but while explaining to them they had no idea what I was talking about and said they can't do anything. So I emailed Kobo customer care rep back and told them that's it I want a refund. They emailed me back asking if I'd be okay with a store credit or if I need a credit card refund. I mean what would be the use for a store credit if I can't buy books from Kobo? Am I misunderstanding what a store credit is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella20 View Post
Ok. I tried a free ebook and it downloaded.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote