View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #12
jdanniel
jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7
I think I figured it out. I think I found out what I was doing wrong. A silly misunderstanding.

Okay...in ADE, in the upper right corner, there are two arrows next to the FIND box.

I thought they were the NEXT and PREVIOUS buttons. They were greyed out and I couldn't use them.

Then, I realized they were not the NEXT and PREVIOUS buttons! They were the FIND NEXT and FIND PREVIOUS buttons.

I was using the wrong buttons. In ADE's Reading drop-down menu, there are options for NEXT and PREVIOUS.

Those are the ones I should have been using. They turn the pages in my test ebook properly.

But I was still confused about the entire ebook being in the window. So, I downloaded a few sample books, and sure enough, they were displayed in their entirety as well! I scrolled through The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, which is almost 300 pages long!

It appears as though I was doing absolutely NOTHING wrong. But I'm not 100% sure yet. I'm going to convert my test ebook into MOBI format and try it out on the Kindle for PC program. Then, I'll try it out on my Nexus 7 and see what happens.

I'll follow up later with my results. Sorry to be a pest but this is how you learn! Thanks!

Jd
jdanniel is offline   Reply With Quote