Thread: My Nook review
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Just out of curiousity as I have no intentions of buying the Nook, is its feature set lackluster? I'm enquiring about its actual eBook reading functionality. I downloaded the Barnes & Noble Desktop eReader for the PC and was amazed at how lackluster it is. It is based off of the older eReader software, still available at eReader.com, that was originally designed by Palm for its PDAs way back when. It is interesting and sad that the newer Barnes & Noble Desktop eReader has far less functionality than eReader, and according to the User Guide this is by design!
I haven't used the older eReader software, so I can't compare. But I can say that the Nook is running Adobe's Reader Mobile software, so it's features are comparable to other readers that use RM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote