View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 02:13 AM   #1
ayman07
Ayman
ayman07 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Savory potentially damaged my screen?

hey everyone. newbie kindle 2 owner/modder. so i thought i would be brave enough to try savory too. while it was converting a PDF, it seems to just stall so i thought i would just delete the file. i moved the toggle to the left and selected delete. immediately after, the screen faded. i could barely see any text or anything. it looked as if the screen was off but you some black marks making it through. it also looks like the kindle is dying and the ink is just not generating or it doesnt have enough power to get the ink fully through. i refreshed the screen and the text shows up now, but faded still. i mean i can definitely read, but its not the way it was, not even close. i dunno how that could have caused this. i have tried a lot of different things. i tried removing savory, disabling the ss hack, reinstalling the software. nothing. this cant be the end of the kindle for me can it? i should be upset, crying, throwing a fit, but that wont get me anywhere. if someone can help, please let me know. i might try downgrading but i dont know if that is even a possibility. im on the latest version. 2.0.3. thanks!

Ayman
ayman07 is offline   Reply With Quote