View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 11:45 PM   #13
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Eureka. Hooah. Success. I had "read metadata from file contents" turned off for the Add. With it turned on, the custom column metadata embedded in the pdf populates the custom columns. (Without the OPF present during the Add). So that confusion is solved.

This has nothing to do with conversion, just metadata read and write at import or export. So that confusion is solved. (ETA: Though conversion also updates the metadata in the output format.)

But after installing command line tools with 1.25 on OS X:

MacCatlin:frameworks unbogg$ pdfinfo -meta /users/unbogg/books/raw/_working/bazaar.pdf
-bash: pdfinfo: command not found

Like I said, I'm not real good with command line.

Last edited by unboggling; 02-22-2014 at 03:26 AM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote