View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #1256
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernel1008 View Post
My Kobo Glo is now on 3.0.0.
Well I'm pleased with the update since some of the features I wished for happened.

Request 1. It is not incorporated but I found out that when you pressed a word for a long time, then drag to wherever in the screen, you can actually control the highlight. It is much more efficient than using the pointer when you highlight.
I didn't realise you didn't know about that. It's been there in all firmware versions. My problem is that I tend to drag when selecting a word and get a couple of lines.
Quote:
Request 2. The back button was originally with Kobo as I read some of the past thread. Then suddenly it vanished during updates. It returned last the 2.10.0 update and I was pleased with it. This is very helpful for people like me who have 1000+ books.
Yes, a very welcome return.
Quote:
Request 4. Updating the carousel is really welcomed. I liked the new look although I wish you can still have the option of choosing on what tile to show... even just for some of the tile. While the mid tile will be dedicated to the "Book Recommendations" of Kobo Team.
If you do a long press on the book, a menu opens which has a "Dismiss tile" on it. This works for all except the Sync tile. You can also use my Kobo Utilities plugin in calibre to dismiss any tile and prevent them from coming back.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote