View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
FrankN
FrankN began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Cover - My attempt at perfection!

My kindle was well worth the six week backorder and has met my every expectation with the exception of the cover and that giant next page button that I constantly hit trying to hold the device in a confortable position. I began a quest to make the perfect cover. After many protypes I have nearly reached perfection. The first task was to design a substantial metal clip that will not only hold the device but provide a resting spot for my right hand to easily press the next page button. I wanted the cover to be light, firm and comfortable all achieved with artist board and padding on both sides. I added a leather binding in the middle for flexibility as well as a nice place to hold the book on the left side. This also alowed the cover to extend past the right side when fully open providing a place to hold but keeps my thumb off that next page button unless I want to turn the page! It works so well that I have made same cover from used jeans, quilted patterns and any fabric that strikes my mood for the day. Perfection at last!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle.jpg
Views:	1009
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	12370  
FrankN is offline   Reply With Quote