View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticmaniac View Post
thanks for the vote of confidence last_of_the_PEs. ivanjt just got me all the parts I needed, lol. back in the old atari 800 days, i used to program and build my own set of controllers (granted only a punch of switches, cables, etc. I dont know if radioshack sells it anymore, (I think that's where i got it from), but i've etched circuit boards before. now im just too old for all that.
i want to like the PE but what kills me is all the proprietary chargers (12 volts on top of that) rather than standard usb charging. i was going to get the streak for about 280 but once i saw the docking port, i said forget about it....i did find some universal ones online at walmart and amzn so i might give those a try. they at least go up to 12v.
He does have a point though, if you wanted to charge this off a pc(which will put out max .5A), you wont get 12V at any reasonable amount of Amperage, its just not physically possible lol. I thought you may be referring to a wall->USB adapter which can put out more, but now if I think of it it does sound kinda dumb given that you already have a wall adapter lol. You can do it, it just wont charge fast(or even at all).
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote