View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #10
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Anonymouslemming, like almost everyone here, I am just as annoyed as you are about the pricing of ebooks.

However, you started off this thread by saying: I've just joined this forum as an owner of a Sony PRS-505 who is suffering from serious buyer's remorse. Between the amount of space in my house taken up by books and the amount of travelling I do, an eBook reader seemed like a good idea at the time.

You've identified two very good reasons for buying a reader which have got nothing to do with price. Even though we're forced to pay more for (some) books, it's still a tremendous advantage to be able to take a selection of titles on a trip, or to buy a new book without worrying about how you're going to find space for it.

I agree completely with you about not being able to donate the book to a charity shop, or give it to someone else to read, or lend it to a friend. Ebooks have many pros and cons. But we've got to accept the fact that ebooks are not necessarily better or worse than paper books - they're simply different.

I'm not trying to justify the disproportionately high prices. I'm simply saying that you've got to look at the whole picture.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote