View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
ratkity
Enthusiast
ratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five words

Device: Old Sony, Kindle 3G, Kindle Fire
When I tether to my Verizon phone, there's a big difference between 3G and 4G. The 3G is not as clunky as the eInk Kindles (partly the fault of the built in experimental browser on them), however; it still can be trying on the patience when I'm only doing 3G. I found better web experience using Opera mini on the Kindle Fire instead of the default Silk browser.

Web pages made for mobile viewing are faster, of course. The Kindle bookstore doesn't seem to have too much trouble. I downloaded a sample chapter yesterday on 3G and didn't have any trouble.

Just an FYI if you are new to wireless tethering. Always password protect and keep your phone as close to your device as possible. You lose connectivity fairly quickly the further away the phone is to the Kindle. You can also tether via USB if there is too much wireless interference, but I haven't tried that yet.

Hugs,
Ratkity
ratkity is offline   Reply With Quote