View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Hi I was wondering if someone can help me?

I have over 100 PDF books to convert to mobi files but every one of those has the author, book title and page number on each page of the PDF.

My current process is to manually convert each book to a RTF then do Find/Replace to remove the erroneous details and then manually 'lift' up the text where the removal of those details leaves a gap. I have been told I can use Regular Expressions in Calibre to do this, at least get rid of the author name, book title and page number, but I have no idea how to do it.

I have read the tutorial a few times now but its total gibberish to me, i just don't understand it.

Is it possible for someone to write an expression for me? I would learn much easier with a written example I could understand and copy.

Thanks
We will assume you also read this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118605
REGEX is not a ONE SIZE FITS ALL, it needs to be crafted to exactly fit your conditions or it can also remove good stuff, remove a portion, now making a easy job very difficult because a key part of the exact pattern has been flushed. (another way of saying that doing all the right matches in the wrong order can hurt you)
I prefer to use Sigil, where I get to see the found and decide if I want to replace that occurance (and did my replace work as expected )
Pages can have a Right and a Left version (2 patterns needed)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote