View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #57
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by duuri View Post
few thing maybe you can help me with... I can't change charset coding for pdb only by txt... my language uses special character and they aren't working...
I know for text files the charset can be changed, so why not just extract the text from the PalmDoc .pdb using any tool you find. My Mobi2IMP will convert PalmDoc to .imp formats used by my EBW1150 ebook reader and can leave the exploded .html/.txt behind. If that seems too complicated, just use my MakeDocN utility that will also extract .txt from .pdb's.

Then just load those text files onto the Prestigio instead of using the .pdb ebooks. They will look the same on the e-reader.

Quote:
second thing mkv playback is not working..is on web but on manual not i see there is h263 and h264 codec
Yeah, the solution may be as simple as renaming the video file; just add the extension .avi to your .mkv video, for example video.mkv becomes video.mkv.avi, then it should be playable on the Prestigio.

Let's hope a future firmware will fix this problem, as well as add filename sorting of videos files, by thumbnail, title, filename, etc.

I'm impressed with the video format playback and that feature alone makes this unit very much relevant in 2011 along with it's ebook (DRM/non-DRM) capabilities.

By the way, tip for all who may not know this. For .epubs, the 'Catalog' menu item (hit 'Menu' button and scroll up with D-pad) lists all the toc.ncx entries, even the nested level 2 and 3 items that are hidden from view. They appear as a different icon and can be easily expanded using the 'Menu' button when the highlight is on such entries. This works for the Next1 as well as the PER3072B! Try this with the Adobe EPUBBestPractices.epub.

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-13-2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: typo
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote