View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson7lim View Post
i want to get my nook now. so excited. but have to delay it because i don't know how to get it. i signed up an account with vpost and also b&n. but i don't know what to put for the credit card address.
Use the vpost US address as shipping and billing address of your B&N account. The billing address is not verified with your credit card company, so this will work fine.
You also need to use a VPN to get an US ip-address before you order the Nook. You can use Hotspot Shield (free) or alwaysVPN ($8.50).
You can also use the VPN to buy books from B&N for your Nook.
Do not forget to also buy a cover for your Nook.

It could be that you get an e-mail to contact B&N to complete your order. This is because the B&N system detects that you are using a mail forwarding address, and they want you to confirm that you know that you cannot buy books from B&N outside the USA. Just phone them (I believe you can also e-mail them). B&N has no problem with mail forwarding companies.

I bought my Nook here in the Netherlands using a mail forwarding address from Borderlinx and alwaysVPN as VPN without a problem.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote