View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #76
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
I admittedly didn't read all the posts in the thread but...um...no card reader in one of them? :O

And when are they gonna address the real-estate issue? These new readers look tweaked and recycled more than anything. A bit refined on the board, some new parts, minimal redesign fuss.

I can imagine people claiming the extra area below the screen is good for gripping the reader, but if I'm gonna get a 5" screen, I want the reader itself to be not much more than the screen. I find myself tempted to trim down paper books that have massive margins, and a screen with a big bezel and lots of wasted space seems a bit tragic.
I'm quite glad they did minimal design changes. I'm quite happy with the current design. I think the no card reader thing is one of the ways they are cutting cost to make the 300 a much cheaper device. They at least keep the option open on the 600.

Guys, just imagine if this is a $200 or less device. The market is going to go crazy. That's a third off retail price (including almost all the other devices new). Remember the huge grab for the 505 when they went to $199 at Borders for three days? That might have been a test. Clearing existing inventory and seeing what that price point will do.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote