View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #75
Raindrop
wanderer
Raindrop writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Raindrop writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Raindrop writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Raindrop writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Raindrop writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Raindrop writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Raindrop writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Raindrop writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Raindrop writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Raindrop writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Raindrop writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Hey that's me!

I wanted to make sure the light was visible on camera so it was set to full brightness. You can dim it down to as low as you like, it looks just as uniform and smooth, just dimmer

The colour on camera seems to shift. 5:00 on the video is probably the best representation of the actual colour of the light, if that helps.
Sameer for the presentation!

Of course i went to see the minute 5 in the video If that's the way it really looks, it's really good! 5:57 is a good example too. I noticed that it looks like a lcd when they zoom it out. So that's not the reader.

Sameer, can you tell us more about the technology behind the touch feature? Is it capacitive too? That would be my preference. The IR technology is a bit...unreliable in my opinion. Mrs_Often raised a good question, is the bottom black bar always there?

I will be honest, my major concern is the software. I have never seen a Kobo first-hand (in Portugal there are almost no readers available in stores), but i've been reading about fixing a bug and, at the same time, creating a new one. That might be putting some people off the Kobo Glo.

And let me thank Kobo for really going global; like feenix1363 said, EU customers (well, non USA residents really) are being treated as 2nd class customers by the other major companies. That should be a thing to consider when we think about buying a device: what kind of behaviour do you want to endorse? I was blown away when i saw the portuguese fnac website in the sellers list. I only hope they will not fail you.

Just one (for now) last question: i read that the reader will have portuguese as a menu language. Do you know if it's brazilian portuguese or european portuguese?

Last edited by Raindrop; 09-07-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: question about language
Raindrop is offline   Reply With Quote