View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #11
niceboy
Enthusiast
niceboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm still waiting for my K3. I took all my ebooks in .txt .rtf .htm and .ePub formats and loaded them into Calibre. I cleaned up the metadata and converted to .mobi (some unfortunately seem to have wide left margins or "?" in place of quotation marks) and created genre tags. I exported the .mobi books with a give tag to a folder named after the tag. I intend to USB these folders to the K3 one by one so the indexing is not too intensive. Each folder has 20 to 70 mobi in it. Once these are on the K3 I intend to use the Kindle Collection Manager to "create collection from folder". I have individual works in genre folders and multiple books by given authors in author folders. I intend to add individual new books to thes folders by USB and add them to the K3 collections using the K3 UI.

My genres are:
Biography, Classics, Contemporary Fiction, Detective, Fantasy, Memoir, Non-fiction, Romance, Science Fiction, Thriller, Urban Fantasy.

Then I have Anthologies & Collections for each genre and foldersfor short stories of each genre.

Hopefully this will work.
niceboy is offline   Reply With Quote