View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #67
Indio777
Addict
Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Mobile Phone, Kindle (rarely), but mostly still read paper
It seems to me as if this is an attempt to integrate people more closely into "googleworld" (or whatever one wishes to call it), in the sense that people who haven't done so will sign up for Google+ (which I guess is not doing so well). Doesn't it have some kind of mechanism that allows people to follow or track sites? Or is Reader simply being integrated into Google+? I have read different things.

If so, I guess this makes perfect sense from Google's point of view. After all, doesn't the company ideally want to be able to keep track of everything everyone does for the purpose of displaying targeted ads? So get everyone (or as many people as possible) to go with Chrome, Android Marketplace and Google+.

In any event, it appears as if there are many alternatives. I guess the problem is deciding on which one. At least it is possible to export/backup Reader data.
Indio777 is offline   Reply With Quote