View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe_alter_ego View Post
I use the "new Pdf Reader (beta)" and the "1.8.1 20121113 mixed" firmware on a M92 (from ArtaTech).

1. The first time I click the "Aa" icon (it opens the dictionary), it takes a long time to start, and there is no "busy" indicator, so I never know if my "click" was accepted and it's starting the dictionary or not (and so I usually try to "click" this icon several times). Would it be possible to add some kind of a "busy" icon (actually the same problem appears in another cases, too -> sometimes something takes a lot of time but the user is not told "to be patient", so one never knows what to do)?

2. I open a utf-8 encoded pdf file (contains German umlauts). Everything is displayed fine, but when I try to use the dictionary (the "Aa" icon), words which contain umlauts are not found at all. if I then click the "D" icon (the "full screen" dictionary window), I can see that it interprets every two-byte utf-8 character as two separate ascii characters (if I edit it, delete these two ascii characters and inset one German character, it finds the word).

3. While working in the "D" mode (the "full screen" dictionary window), when I switch the dictionary to another one, I can immediately see the "new" translation (coming from the "new" dictionary). This is not the case when I work in the "Aa" mode ("small window, down") -> after switching the dictionary, the "old" translation stays, even after one "clicks" the "?" icon. The only way to get the "new" translation is to "select" another word from the text and then "select" the original word again -> then the "new" translation (coming from the "new" dictionary) will appear.

4. The "keyboard Language" setting is not preserved -> each time I "click" the "D" icon, I need to "Switch Language" from "English" to "German" (note: the "system language" is "English" and this should stay). Would it be possible to have "book-specific" "keyboard Language" settings (or at least "preserve" the last changed setting globally for all books)?

5. When I "click" the "abc" icon ("related words" window in the dictionary window), I often do not get anything (even though the "word" itself has been found in the dictionary).

6. Some StarDict dictionaries are "colourful" (they contain a lot of "html code" which manages "fonts", "colors", ...). One example is the "WAHRIG.digital - Deutches Wörterbuch". Such dictionaries are properly displayed in both, the "small" "Aa" and the "full screen" "D", windows (and it actually looks nice, even on the black-white screen). They are, however, improperly displayed in the "abc" window (the "related words" window). One simply sees the original "html code" (i.e. instead of the "colourful" text, one gets the "dump" of the "html code" -> one line per "related word").

Best regards,
Pepe.

P.S. Just a small explanation about the "1.8.1 20121113 mixed" firmware on a M92 (from ArtaTech) -> it's a "mixture" of the "Booxtor 1.8 20121113" and the "ArtaTech 1.7 20120927" (the current file is called "update-02040001.zip").
Is that mixed firmware can be installed on the M92 standard, for example the reader-store

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote