View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #119
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I see. So you are saying that reading is more than consuming text. Agreed. And you don't like in the article how paper-books are the only way to read. You say reading electronically is different though - with extra components. Do you think, in your opinion, that ereading is at least equal to preading, or potentially so, but that it can be an enhancement? Or do you think that p and e overlap, but are essentially different? Don't quite understand that from your responses. It is not completely clear if you prefer one over the other, or if you just disagree on why the article gets wrongly bashed? Maybe you agree with the article, that codex reading is better, but you don't agree on the reasons given?

Just trying to understand your point of view.
I really do not have an opinion other than that e-reading and p-reading is a bit different but can both be activities on the level that the article author considered p-reading to be. And the point that I tried to make here was that there exists activities that contains reading text that do not achieve that level so the argument that "reading is reading" proposed in this thread is a broken argument argument.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote