View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #51
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Not in my experience. A good clip on like my MightyBrite casts at least as even of light as the doctored Amazon photos and way better eveness than the three actual PWs I've had. You really have to see the PW in person. Photos on the internet are not even close to the same visual experience.
As I say, I have a Kobo Glo that, while it has some differences from the PW, apparently diffuses the light in a similar manner. Perhaps the quality control is better for the Glo (no one seems to be complaining about pink blotches on the screen, etc.), but that's not really the point.

Wouldn't a book light have a lot of wasted light, falling on the bezel, falling off the sides of the e-reader, or bounced into ambient light around the room? That would be unappealing for me given I have to not disturb my partner in bed.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote