View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #44
packerzrock
packerzrock began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Sorry if this has been gone over but I searched and could not find anything.

1st off I have a K4NT and am running WinXP

Guide works fine getting it into Diags as long as I use the Down option on the directional pad during the reboot option.

Then it does put the K4 in as the Human Interface Device so follows the guide almost perfect.

Problem is if I tell it Kindle Fastboot it does not reboot to show up as Kindle Fastboot in Device Manager.

I do not know if this will help you but when I go to Diags option in MfgTool.exe and choose the USB option in the menu I can access the file directories on the Kindle but the flash tools cannot find it being it is now shown as a "Generic Volume" in device manager.

So that is where I am stuck and again I am sorry but really I am a noob in some cases on this. Looking forward to your help, Thank you!

EDIT: Forgot to mention when I try the fastboot option it seems to disappear from the Device Manager. Not an HID / Storage device / and certainly not a Kindle fastboot. Hope that helps. Thanks again.

Last edited by packerzrock; 09-24-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Possible help in a solution.
packerzrock is offline   Reply With Quote