View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 06:33 AM   #7
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
How about Darren Shan?

He's written many books including the Cirque du Freak series. He has lots of novels about other realms, demons etc..

However, he might like the City trilogy too. Described by author (or someone) as...

"The City trilogy is a noirish, gritty urban fantasy for adults and older teenagers. Set in a city of merciless gangsters, mysterious Incan priests, and shadowy figures who belong body and soul to the world of the night. This is a dark, brutal series about power, corruption and the price of one's soul."

Hey I'm almost 40 and I thought The City trilogy looked pretty cool. Although I must admit I have read none of his books.

I do like young adult books almost as much as adult books though.

You know which series really did it for me though - both as a young reader and again as an adult? Susan Cooper - The Dark is Rising series. That was a magnificent read while not being edgy and certainly not being about vampires it was still a fine example of how young adult fiction can be just as rewarding as adult fiction.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote