View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #7
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Be careful with this. Calibre thinks it owns the file and the directory structure that the book is in. If you change the title or the authors, the directory structure will change, making the iTunes reference invalid. From the iTunes perspective, the book just disappeared.

And no, this isn't an invitation to start yet another "Calibre should use my folder organization and not copy books" discussion.

Yeh I am only adding books that I have finished editing to iTunes I would like to know what data they thing iTunes is editing when it's added to the library as I'm not certain it is at all. I locked the file and checked size etc and it added to iTunes fine, I'm tempted to just try writing a small plug in that uses Automator to add any new books into iTunes whilst keeping them in calibres folder structure.

Can anyone confirm that iTunes does or doesn't alter the original file when adding to iTunes?

Thanks
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote