View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #520
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
In somewhat related news (in the US), Obama is creating a faith-based office.

Quote:
President Barack Obama said Thursday he will establish a White House office of faith-based initiatives that will show no favoritism to any religious group and adhere to the strict separation of church and state.
Not sure how I feel about that, but to throw it out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Well, the Bible does say "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven", so I'm somewhat at a loss to see how any wealthy person can claim to be a Christian - they are certainly not following the tenets of Jesus' teaching, which tells them to give away all their possessions!
Okay, I read this and laughed. Why? I now understand a reference in a Daria episode that I never got before. (Screw Godwin's Law...everything in life I can relate back to a Daria episode.)

If you were wondering, it was in the episode "The Story of D" (season 5) when Daria walks in and Jake is trying to thread a needle and cursing at why they make the eye of the needle so small, and she replies that she guesses it was to piss of the camel.

At least, I'm guessing that's what the reference was. Much better than my previous "Huh? What does a camel have to do with it?"

Does that make up for any potentially lack of civility in my last post, HarryT? Going to go retreat back into my dorky little world now...