View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #518
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
In the circumstance I was referring to, the responsibility is a self accepted one -- not one forced from the outside, also unlike taxes -- frankly, given recent events here in the U.S., I'm beginning to wonder how many of those who impose the taxes actually pay those taxes themselves.
I think there are social pressure or similar things that makes people accept these kind of responsibility. But maybe I am wrong.

In the US when you donate money do you keep it secret or do you tell a lot of people that you have donated money? In Sweden it is relatively common that people donate money to organisations like "Doctors withou a border" but usually that is not something they tell other people about.