View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 06:33 PM   #955
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiekje View Post
I tried it again with another book and it worked. Finally.

Don't know how because I already had tried another book. But I'm happy now.

What you all said above is really abracadabra to me.

But thank you for responding.
What you should try is loading the eBook into Calibre's editor and having a look at the CSS to see what's going on with fonts before stripping anything out. Just doing so could end up with a problematic read. For example, the eBook The Martian makes very good use of different font styles such as monoapsce and if you were to remove this, you would spoil the book because of the way the different fonts are used. They are used very well when the monopace font is used, it is used for a specific purpose that without loses how the book works.

So if you don't understand CSS/XML, go learn. Don't just dive in and remove things you don't understand.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote