View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 08:08 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmaniac View Post
And why sony add no folder option?

Without the possibility to store books in folders the navigation with a dozen books is very bad. And what should a man do with a inserted SD card and with maybe 1000 books in one folder? Scrolling till dead?

The other one is, can I sort the books at any way to filenames?

I got a lot of PDFs who the informations are not stored 100% correct inside and the sorting is not correct then.

Hi, drmaniac -- Welcome to MobileRead, by the way.

I agree with kesey that putting that many books on the Reader is going to cause havoc with the current file system and with unnecessary battery use.

I have about 350 books on my Reader - and I use no SD card - and can find anything I want very quickly, indeed.

Remember, also, that there are a number of "indexing" systems avalable to find your book quickly: By Author; by Title; by Date; and by Collections.

As kesey suggested, if you have many books by one author (as I do - for example, a large number of purchases by author Richard S. Prather), then you can create a Collection using that author's name.

I hope this helps.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote