View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #301
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
For anybody who's interested... I made an experimental calibre plugin version of mobi_unpack. You simply select a folder where you want to unpack to (or a permanent folder can be set in the configuration) and click "unpack". It also supports extracting PDFs from print replica ebooks and splitting KF8/MOBIs built by newer versions of Kindlegen.

Let me know if anyone runs into any trouble (and be sure to restart calibre after installing the plugin before configuring/using it).

By all means, unzip the file to inspect the code if you're into that sort of thing, but otherwise the zip file is all ready to install as a plugin in calibre. You'll need a relatively new(ish) version of calibre to use it (>= 0.8.18)

And unless there are massive structural changes to the current mobi_unpack code, it should be a matter of simply dropping the latest mobi_unpack files into the plugin (like I just did with v0.38).

Have fun.

P.S. - I'll start my own thread for this if there's an interest.

EDIT: Plugin updated to incorporate the latest version of mobi_unpack
EDIT: (2/20/2012) Plugin updated to incorporate mobi_unpack's v0.40 bug-fixes.
EDIT: (2/29/2012) Plugin updated to incorporate mobi_unpack's v0.41 bug-fixes.
EDIT: (3/8/2012) I've created a thread for the calibre plugin version of mobi_unpack in the appropriate calibre subforum. You can find it here.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-08-2012 at 12:18 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote