View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 04:55 AM   #65
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
Hi! I have just started using Cool Reader (after a tip from Dopedangel), and I really like it. But there is one problem: I use it to read proof on my work (I'm a movie/television subtitler), and some of the lines are Italics. For instance when somebody's speaking through the phone or there's a voice over (think "Mike Hammer": "I knew there was something wrong with the chick, but with legs like that...") It seems that Italics are converted into standard non-italics in the reader.

Until now I have been using the Nook Color's internal reader, and that does not change the italics. But it does not support the new font I have found either. This weekend I started using a TTF font called DPCustomMono2 when I discovered that it actually makes it easier to spot mistakes because it's harder to read. I don't know the psychology behind it, but a recent study has found that proof reading with normal fonts on an eReader is too light on the eyes, which makes it easier for errors to sneek by.

I know it's not because of the TTF I'm using, because with Trebuchet (which is built in and gives me italics in the built-in Barnes & Noble reader) I still don't get italics in Cool Reader.

So if it was possible to leave italics untouched the Cool Reader would be perfect for me! Any chance of that? Or is that perhaps already possible with some setting I haven't found yet? Thanks in advance! (Yeah, I'm an optimistic bugger...)
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote