View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Unhappy Display or controller damaged

Hi folks,

today my loved prs-505 got damaged. And yes, it was my fault...somehow i dropped it to the ground
So now i'm facing the following problem:
The reader starts and acts as usually but the display is misplaced. It's moved to the left half of the screen. Or better said: Just the left half of the screen is used for display.

I tried resetting the reader (soft and hard reset) but it didn't help.

Because i'm living in germany i can't just go to the next sony shop. Sending the damaged reader to a friend who is living in USA would be expensive especially if there is no chance to get it repaired for a reasonable price.

So maybe someone of you can tell me from the attached pictures if the E-INK itself is damaged or if it's "only" a controller problem which sony could repair without much trouble.

Thank you in advance,
Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	display03.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	15867   Click image for larger version

Name:	display04.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	15868