View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #147
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
I'm fairly certain that previous versions of sigil remember the location and dimensions of a windowed screen... but maybe i'm losing my mind. For me, my workflow is mostly in a windowed mode so I can have Sigil open on one side of the screen and the reference pdf on the other. But when it comes time to run through spellcheck, I maximized the window (just to cut down, however marginally, on Page Dn presses). Unless I remember to re-window it after i finished spellchecking, the next time I go to open Sigil, it will be in maximized mode (which is only logical, since that's how it was closed), but when I go to window it, it will have forgotten dimensions and location of the last windowed mode (ie, on the right hand half the screen, fully extended top-to-bottom).

Remembering to window it after spellchecking (but before closing) is not by any stretch a gigantic inconvenience. And, really, neither is re-positioning the windowed view in the event i forget to un-maximize. Just thought I'd put it out there... heaven knows I've been trying to come up with a substantial bug/fix request, but you guys have apparently done too good a job. Curses!
I reported that a while back (I have a 3 Head system). And yes, previous (V5) versions remembered. What changed was the version of QT (user_none built me a test build with the old QT and it behaved the old way. There are desirable features that Sigil wants in the new QT so we just have to put up with the Window issue until QT gets fixed.

I see Kiwidude beat me again

Last edited by theducks; 10-08-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: note