View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #27
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmseight View Post
Hi geekmaster,

This demo is great! Great work!

I think being able to stream video will be excellent. Especially if you can integrate with the browser...

BTW, I still cannot compile in tcc. Would you please provide the tcc header einkfb.h and other that may be needed.

Thanks,
James
eink_fb.h is for the K3 and earlier, and K4main. mxcfb.h is for k4diags and k5(touch).

But there is a serious problem with firmware version 5.1.0: they changed the mxcfb.h header file for 5.1.0 so that it is NOT compatible with the 5.0.4 mxcfb.h header file. They changed the layout of a structure critical to doing eink display updates, in a way that is totally incompatible between 5.0.x and 5.1.x firmware. This is a huge violation of the ioctl() standards.

And the new fields they put in the old position will not work with the old values, so there is not even a simple hack to make them both work. Not fun.

The headers are in the GPL source, but it looks like we cannot use them if we want code that works on the new kindles with their new broken header file.

I want to fix the compatibility problem before I post header files. In fact, I am considering NOT using the eink header files at all.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote