View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
Shadowplay
Groupie
Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you can live with everything except the light, the Kindle Touch would be a good choice. Not currently made, but easy to find, and at very low prices, too.
Gotcha. I guess I hadn't thought about that one since it's not *that* much different from my current Kindle Keyboard. I'm frugal enough that I can't justify buying yet another device unless it's a significant upgrade or if an existing device breaks.

Part of my looking around right now is because I was reading in bed over the weekend and was using the cover light on my Kindle. I realized it just wasn't a good solution when I know there are some good built-in light models out there. The only thing that's kept me from getting a Paperwhite or similar is that I know I'd be giving up TTS.

There was a big thread on here a while back talking about whether or not people used or cared about TTS on an ebook device. It seems like the majority really don't use it and I'm in the minority of those that use it regularly. Makes sense that manufacturers aren't catering to my wants, but it's still frustrating.
Shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote