Thread: Price sensitive
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:15 AM   #29
b0ned0me
Connoisseur
b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Everybody is price sensitive.
Some are simply more price-sensitive than others.

(No, I'm not going to apologize to Orwell.)
If you're not going to apologize, then I'm going to link to his essay on the cost of books vs cigarettes
It still has a lot of merit, IMO.
Quote:
And if our book consumption remains as low as it has been, at least let us admit that it is because reading is a less exciting pastime than going to the dogs, the pictures or the pub, and not because books, whether bought or borrowed, are too expensive.
b0ned0me is offline   Reply With Quote