View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #96
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Maybe the people who didn't like the links don't feel comfortable speaking up?
If they're not comfortable defending an opinion that a large number of us obviously think has led to making this forum a lot more difficult to use and navigate, they should have kept quiet in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
Maybe we need "moderators" for the moderators.
I respectfully disagree. If this site works like others I have been to in the past, the moderators don't set policies, they only enforce them. Even if they do set the policies, they tend to do what they do because they think it will make things better. Being a forum moderator is a busy, time-consuming, and often thankless job. The few who remain moderators once the initial glamor wears off are the ones who genuinely care and want to help the community.

Whatever the reason for the change, the site admin or moderators who made the decision did it because they thought it was the best thing to do. I would still have preferred to force disclosure in unique threads, and would very much prefer some more openness and disclosure. But let's not start harping on the moderators as if they deliberately wanted to make things worse.

Blame the ones who ran to mommy and cried, if you have to blame someone. The moderators are just doing their job. And as much as we'd like to think otherwise, they don't owe us any answers or explanations. It would be nice to get them anyway, but let's not try to pretend this is a democracy. Or that we have the same rights as paying subscribers would.

Last edited by ScalyFreak; 09-27-2011 at 12:08 PM.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote