View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
AFAIK the opf files are updated on edit/conversion so the should be up to date assuming you have backup to opf turned on. ( Wish I could turn it off)

If you are worried about rebuilding, simply rename the metadata.db before rebuilding it or copy it to another location.

I had a corrupted database, which Chaley fixed for me. However after backing it up, I decided to reimport all 9000+ books (about 16 Gig) This took 3 hours which I thought was amazingly fast.

If it takes 2 or 3 hours, or even 10, it is not like you should have to do it every day.

I went through several panic attacks and I did lose about 50 books (not duplicates) somehow, but if and when I looked for them they were in the backup and easily recovered.

My current main library is 11422 books and I am sadly using a single core laptop from Romania (not a joke) and an old external hard drive. Calibre takes less than 20 seconds to load and be fully functional.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote