View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #14
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Yay for Gryffindor!

I did very little, really, Jim. And your words already sent a virtual bouquet my way, which was much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerJim View Post
Two questions:

1. I have a Nook color. When I looked at the book on B&N's online viewer, it didn't look very good in black and white. But I'm not sure. I e-mailed them about it. I think it would be awkward to have a color version and a black and white version. Do you have any thoughts on that?
You could separate colour and black and white versions - being ebooks, there's no additional printing or costs involved. I'm just not sure how practical it would be - would prospective purchasers see that there are two versions available and pick the most appropriate one? And if they don't, initially, there's a potential mess there with customers wanting to swap the version they bought for the other version. Perhaps others here have thoughts on this? For myself, I can't help feeling that it risks overcomplicating things.

Quote:
2. Did you like the book?
I didn't read it all, but what I did read I thought was sweet and could well imagine a young child enjoying having the book read to them while they enjoy the pictures as the pages are turned. However I'm far from the best judge of books aimed at young children - don't have any myself, and my two nieces are 12 and 14, so not really your target audience!

Quote:
I think the quotes are messed up because this started out as formatted text in Blurb's BookSmart program, then to a text file, then Open Office Write, then ePub. I have low vision and would never have seen that without your help. Karan's proofread it so many times it just got by her.
It's incredibly easy to miss small details like that when you've looked at the same text again and again - it becomes too familiar. Always worth getting a fresh set of eyes to look something over - they'll be much more likely to spot the little things that have slipped through the net.

Quote:
For Karan and me, thank you very much,

Jim
You're very welcome.

(And I hope you managed to shake off that migraine and get some sleep!)
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote